Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Flipping 4th of July ...

If someone were to ask me what the 4th of July signifies, I would say - "Freedom"

Let flipping freedom ring ...

If I were to ask the state of Wisconsin to define the "4th of July", they would surly reply, " The 4th of July is the most profitable day in regards to firework citations. $$$"

Are you aware the City of Sheboygan, and maybe the whole state, fines honest, good, law abiding citizens $366 if they light off fireworks or SPARKLERS? Okay, fireworks in the City - fine whatev. You start my house on fire, with your fireworks, we will exchange sassy glares and possibly a fist or two ... but Sparklers?!?

For real?!?

Like for real?!?

Are you kidding me???


You (when I say "you" I mean Sheboygan) are going to fine me $366 for holding a sparkler? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't lighting a sparkler rather similar to lighting a cigarette? They both are HOT HOT HOT. The both have the potential to start a fire. They both burn people. However - Sparklers are WAY more fun and cigarettes don't warrent a $366 fine... what am I missing???


Some of my best childhood memories involve a sparkler. God knows if there was a fine involved, my parents would never let me hold one. So this must be something new . .. . really new.


From what I have been taught by the upstanding, wonderful (immense sarcasm here) school system of Sheboygan Falls ... the 4th of July is a day to celebrate our Independence. How the hello kitty am I supposed to celebrate my Independence if the City of Sheboygan is regulating what kind of "firework" I can possess. Again I go back to ... people can use chainsaws without a $366 fine. People can smoke a fatal cigarette and not get fined. Hell, people can even have bon fires without a fine ... but a sparkler ... I don't feel the freedom ringing.


My forefathers would be so disappointed ... would they get fined for hitting two flint stones together and creating a spark ...? In Sheboygan - yes.


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Check out the award I have for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the award - thank you!!! I think your blog is so cute. You have such cutie creative items on your site!!

    ReplyDelete